- 1 pack dry soy slices/ 100 grams
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp. liquid smoke
Shawarma spice blend:
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cinamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. sweet red paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. dry parsley
- 1 tsp Himalaya salt
- few chili flakes (for extra hotness)
- 1 tsp. red onion flakes or any onion powder
Step by step:
- Cook soy slices in a salty water or vegetable stock until they are soft (as shown on the video).
- Allow them to cool down and tear into uneven slices.
- Press out any excessive water from the slices.
- Ina bowl, mix them with a shawarma spice blend.
- Add oil, Tamari and liquid smoke and mix it thoroughly.
- It is best if you marinate it overnight in the fridge or at least for an hour.
Step by step video: LINK
Note: Serve Shawarma with baked potatoes, fresh tomatoes, fresh parsley and Tzatziki dip: