PREP: 10 mins + soaking the beans overnight
COOK: 25 mins rice, 4 mins kale, around 60 mins black beans
100 grams fresh kale without stems
100 grams brown rice
250 grams cooked black beans or from the can
Few leafs fresh parsley
Fresh chilli (optional)
2 cloves of garlic
Canola oil or other oil for frying
Step by step:
- If you use dry beans, soak them overnight, afterwords discard the water. Cook in salty water until soft. Instruction: bring the beans with water to boil, reduce the heat to medium low, and cook with a lid a bit open until beans are soft. Add salt in half time of cooking, which is around 30 minutes. Mix them from time to time for even cooking.
- Cook brown rice in salty water until soft.
- On a pan with a bit of canola oil fry half onion with 2 cloves garlic. Then add black beans and fry it for about 5 minutes.
- Steam kale for about 5 minutes. It will get bright green color and it will be pleasantly soft with a bit of crunch.
- In a bowl, put a layer of brown rice and top it with kale, refried black beans, fresh tomato, onion, fresh parsley and avocado.
- Sprinkle it with a bit of olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.